Friday, February 26, 2016

5 Cheap Ways to Improve Your Setup

5. Get a Soundbar


A good soundbar can replace even a 5.1 audio setup. They're immersive, easy to use and they can be easily mounted on a wall. Some even function as a Bluetooth speaker for your smartphone.

4. Install LED stripes

While it's not very practical an LED stripe is a great way to give your setup some swag. It's also a great way to direct some light on your keyboard if you have trouble typing in the dark.

3. Get a USB hub

My tower is behind my desk. I put it there to save space, but plugging in a USB drive is a pain in the ass. That's why I got a USB hub, which I installed next to my monitors. This way I have an easier time handling thumb drives.

2. Buy a wireless charger

If your smartphone has wireless charging, this is a no brainer. Wireless chargers aren't only much cooler, than their wired counterparts, but they are also elegant and simple.

1. Improve your cable management

This definitely is the cheapest way to improve your setup, but it's not the simplest. Designing a good cable management is not easy, but it's worth the effort.